You took up a project to organize an official event for a client – let’s say a technical workshop.
You’ll have to keep in mind:
- What type or number of equipment will the workshop require?
- Who needs to be invited?
- Where should the workshop take place?
- What would the time-stamping be of the activities?
- How many activities can you have in the given hours of the workshop?
…and so much more!
Along with this, you also need to make sure that you execute everything within the client’s budget.
Sounds difficult, doesn’t it?
Managing one project means – multitasking on many tasks at the same time!
How do you handle multiple tasks?
And, what about those who work on multiple projects?
Well, they’ve got too much on their plate.
And in times like these, they can’t have a lax attitude and deal with one task at a time. They’ll have to maneuver through all of the tasks simultaneously to ensure that no client is left behind.
But if project managers still have those spreadsheets and long email threads to count on, it will be really difficult to reach the business goals.
Multitasking with Project Management Software
A Getapp study indicates that:
- 95% of project managers use more than one PM tool regularly.
- 56% of respondents use a project management tool every day!
While these numbers look promising, the study also raises a few questions. It indicates that the most common features, such as task management (12%) and collaboration (11%) are currently missing from the options of PM software.
Note: Both the features are quite pivotal and should be a part of multitasking tools. In case these are missing, then it becomes a lot obvious why managers are forced to use more than one tool to multitask during a project. No wonder:
91% of project managers are willing to spend more for a comprehensive software that includes all the missing features they are in dire need of.
So, you need to have the right multitask management software that not only allows you to collaborate and manage various activities but also helps you to:
- Set automated notifications for upcoming tasks
- Break down one large task into different sub-tasks
- Record the time spent on each one of them
- Monitor their progress
- Share files
- Send regular updates to clients
Coming back to the topic: “What’s the best way to manage multiple tasks and why?”
Task management software is necessary to manage multiple tasks efficiently. In this blog post, we talk about how ProProfs Project is the best multitask management software. Let’s take a look.
ProProfs Project: The Best Multi Task Management Software Today!
Doubts are sure to arise when someone says, “there is one project management software that is simple to use and at the same time addresses your issues of multitasking!”. But that’s okay. Anyone can have second thoughts after hearing so.
That isn’t the case when it comes to ProProfs Project. A project management software, by default, offers task management features.
Therefore, managing multiple tasks has never been this easier when you bring ProProfs Project onboard. The team task management software is easy to use and helps you multitask seamlessly. Why would I say so? Well, its different features are its proof!
Feature #1: Task Creation
You’d say, “my software helps me do this all the time“. But does it allow you to do this without being directed to a new window?
Not just that, the simple task management software also allows you to set their due dates and track their progress simultaneously.
The progress bar allows managers to understand how each team member is progressing with dedicated tasks.
With this view, they can drop a comment on various tasks and understand which roadblocks are hampering their efforts.
Such a tool helps them:
- Tackle scope creep and bottlenecks in a project
- Train team members to deliver task deliverables on time
- Add clients as users to keep them in the loop on your project progress
Besides this, the tool also allows the creation of a duplicate task. The feature helps them to save time on creating a list of sub-tasks under a task. What’s more, you don’t have to add users to the subtasks separately. They get added automatically once the task gets duplicated.
Feature #2: Tags
“How do you handle multiple tasks at once?”
Multitasking in PM can be really time-consuming and confusing, but it isn’t impossible.
The key to managing multiple tasks at the same time is by dividing them into their respective groups by using tags. This allows you to group similar tasks under one category by simply adding a tag to them.
Other than that, they also make task searchability simpler. For instance, you want to add special instructions to some tasks that produce the same output. Just add tags to them.
So when you search for a specific category tag, you’ll see a list of tasks that belong to the same group in the results section. From there, all you have to do is add the instruction in the comment section for the team members managing the tasks. This way, you can easily let them know how they need to be executed. It’s that simple!
Feature #3: Real-Time Collaboration
As stated before, a lot of project managers tend to use more than one tool to manage their tasks better. But with ProProfs Project, you won’t need a second software.
Yes, real-time collaboration is necessary for a project manager so that delivering multiple outputs to different clients at the same time doesn’t seem like a distant dream. With the team task management software in place, you can track:
- Which team member is working on which task
- All the latest updates on how the task is progressing and inform team members on different tweaks that the client has requested
- Every team member’s performance and give pointers on how to improve further so that deliverables reach you on time
Feature #4: Anytime, Anywhere Communication
Well, communication among team members isn’t restricted to your workplace only. You can let them know about the latest update even when you are not at your workstation.
With our ProProfs Project mobile app, you can communicate with team members and let them know what’s new for their projects.
This app enables you to:
- Help your project team members stay more organized at all times
- Manage remote team members and let them know how their task would proceed in the coming days
- Monitor project deliverables while keeping your clients in the loop
Besides these, you can also enjoy features like:
- Regular notifications – Help you stay updated on all the tasks scheduled for the coming days. Not just that, managers can also keep track of those tasks that are past their due date and have to be tackled on priority.
- File sharing – I personally like this feature. Reason being, nobody can lose files any longer. Your team members and you can find the updated files under their specific task hassle-free. In short, no one gets subjected to hours of digging through their emails anymore.
- Invoicing – Send invoices to your clients based on billable hours in a matter of seconds with the use of this project management software. Your clients can get clarity on how many hours did your team members spent while working on their respective tasks. This is also a great way to track employee productivity and to keep your clients updated on how the project progressed.
- Reporting – The tool also comes with powerful reporting section. Both your organization and clients get a clear picture about how prompt your team members were in completing project deliverables on time. Keeping clients updated on the progress of their respective projects has never seemed this easy.
Manage Multiple Tasks With the Best Task Manager Software: ProProfs Project!
Handling multiple projects is difficult, and that’s why you need a robust team task management software in your arsenal.
The features discussed in this blog are good enough to prove that the ProProfs Project is the best software to ensure efficient task management for teams.
If you keep asking “how do you handle manage multiple tasks at work?” check it out for yourself by signing up for a product demo today. Explore it during its 15 days free trial period to confirm it for yourself. In case you have any queries, feel free to contact us here!
Now that you know how ProProfs Project helps in managing multiple tasks, let’s cover a few FAQs on “how to manage multiple tasks efficiently?”
Q1. How do you manage multiple deliverables?
Managing multiple deliverables can be difficult, but following a strict structure can help you avoid any mishaps. Always be focused, prioritize, and delegate workload equally among your teams. You can also adopt a project management tool to track time and meet deadlines easily.
Q2. How do you prioritize tasks?
Create a list of all the tasks you need to complete, categorize each task into “urgent” or “not-urgent”, and rearrange the tasks on the basis of effort that will go into delivering the tasks. With all this information, it’ll be easier for you to create a priority list and know what needs to be taken up first. Also, having a PM software that sends regular notifications to keep you updated on the status of tasks really helps.
Q3. How you organize plan and prioritize your work?
All you have to do is make a to-do list and ensure you don’t miss any important tasks. The best way to go about this is to deploy a robust project management software that allows you to manage all your tasks on a single dashboard.
Do you want a free Project Management Software?
We have the #1 Online Project Management Software for effective project management.